It’s been an especially exciting few weeks here at Samba TV – we announced an industry-changing partnership, showcased our thought leadership in the press, and hosted/attended multiple events – many tied to the upfronts. Check out the highlights below, and there’s much more to come!
Press & Announcements
- Samba TV has partnered with The Trade Desk to supply commercial insights data for more than 48,000 US brands that TTD users can apply to their planning and targeting strategies for Digital and OTT. This is great momentum following our partnership announcements with Google and Twitter.
- Broadcasting & Cable published an insightful op-ed by Samba TV CEO and Co-founder Ashwin Navin that touched on the challenges modern marketers face in a fragmented and complex media landscape.
- DMN featured Samba TV as the centerpiece of an article “Second Screen Synergy For TV Marketing” addressing the importance of coordinating targeting and measurement for tune-in marketers.
- Samba TV data was referenced by The Wall Street Journal in an article about Roku’s earnings announcement.
- An in-depth Q&A session with Ashwin Navin was published by MarTechSeries that touched on many professional and personal topics.
- Our stellar UK team was called-out by agency partner the7stars in The Drum – at Samba TV we always welcome opportunities to “listen, learn and collaborate” with our clients.
Events & Upfronts
Billboard Music Awards
Samba TV was named measurement partner for this year’s Billboard Music Awards and attended the event in Las Vegas. Our viewership analysis showed a year-over-year viewership increase – no easy feat given the recent trend of declining tentpole broadcast viewership. Congratulations to Dick Clark Productions and NBC! Here’s our video that played inside the venue along with some pics of the action:
Avengers: Endgame Premiere
Samba hosted advanced screening parties for several hundred clients, partners and press in New York and Los Angeles – they quickly turned into one of the hottest tickets around!
Samba recently participated in two excellent Brand Innovators events: Aden Zaman (SVP, Business Development & Partnerships, Samba TV) held a fireside chat with Alphonzo Terrell (Director, Digital and Social Marketing, HBO) at IBM headquarters in New York that focused on the importance of a strong social tune-in strategy.
Samba TV CRO Dan Ackerman delivered the keynote presentation at BI’s “Future of TV Summit” to share viewership trends and how to get incremental reach by going beyond linear, to reaching medium & light viewers.
The Trade Desk CTV Event
Marc Bourget (GM, Connected TV Platforms) of Samba TV participated in a panel to discuss the Connected TV user experience with leaders from The Trade Desk, CBS Interactive, Vudu and Discovery Inc.
Samba’s new CMO, Randi Barshack, joined Tubi’s upfronts event in New York City to discuss the importance of leveraging OTT in order to gain incremental reach beyond linear TV.